Dr. Khatri is one of the leading experts in the world on Laser Skin Resurfacing (LSR). While at Harvard during his fellowship, he conducted the first ever study to compare CO2 and Erbium:YAG lasers in a split face study.
What Is Laser Skin resurfacing?
Laser Skin Resurfacing is used to treat wrinkles, acne scars and other effects of aging.
good candidate for laser skin resurfacing
If you find that you relate to any of the suggestions listed below, you may be a good candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing at Skin & Laser Surgery Center.
- Your skin is experiencing sun damage resulting in wrinkles around the eyes and mouth
- Skin laxity in your lower eyelid area.
- You may be experiencing irregular changes to your skin color such as blotchiness or brown spots
- Scars that have left discoloration and uneven tone on the surface of your skin
- You may have precancerous skin growths
Though you may relate to one or a few of these suggestions, Dr. Khatri would like for you to schedule an appointment to properly assess your skin. In evaluating your skin in the office, he is better able to recommend the best treatment for you!
What are the different types of laser skin resurfacing?
There are three different types of LSR:
- Full ablative
- Fractional ablative
- Fractional non-ablative
Full ablative LSR is most effective but requires local anesthesia and one week of downtime. Fractional ablative LSR is the second best that could be performed under topical anesthesia in most cases with a few days of downtime. Fractional non-ablative LSR is done about 3 times with one month between each treatment. This can easily be done under topical anesthesia with minimum downtime.
Schedule a Consultation